PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 20 August 2009 16:13

Ricardo wants to stay at Betis - agent

Agent plays down talk of move

The agent of former Portugal international Ricardo has rejected claims that his client is to sign for Las Palmas, and insists the player intends to remain with Real Betis.

The 33-year-old was made available by the Seville club this summer following their relegation from La Liga last year. However, with less than two weeks before the close of the transfer deadline, a move has yet to materialise for the ex-Sporting man, who is thought to be one of the club’s higher earners.

News of a possible move to second-tier strugglers Las Palmas broke last night, with reports claiming that Ricardo was on the verge of completing the switch to the Canary Islands, but the player’s agent has been quick to dismiss the stories.

“The transfer (to Las Palmas) has no foundation, it is absurd,” said Nuno Baptista. “Everything that has been said is absurd. Ricardo has two more years on his contract with Betis and wants to see it out. He will stay at Betis.”

Related article: Ricardo heading for Betis exit

Add your comment